Optimise takes the privacy of its customers and users seriously. We take care to put measures in place to comply with relevant data protection and privacy laws, preserve the security and integrity of all the information provided to us and/or collected from those who use our services.
- Advertising Brands (our Clients) who use our digital advertising services and technology to promote their brands and engage with potential and existing customers
- Affiliates (or Publishers) who use our technology and services to access and run our Clients’ advertising campaigns and promote adverts and links to their user audiences (on their websites, email campaigns etc).
What does it cover?
- What personal data we collect
- How we use the data
- Sharing data with third parties
- Data Protection and security
- Data Subject rights
- Data from children
- How to complain or ask a question
What personal data we collect
In order to provide our services to our Clients and Partners we collect the following information:
- Information received in the course of general enquiries via email, telephone and post from potential Clients, Affiliates and Partners about Optimise or its services. Personal data may include names, email addresses and contact details along with information that the user submits within their enquiry.
- Information and supporting correspondence submitted by prospective Affiliates or Clients at the Optimise website (whether or not the application is ultimately successful). Personal data may include name, email addresses and contact information along with details relating to the applying business (business name, category, website address etc).
- Information entered into our systems by registered Affiliates and live Clients through the secure login area hosted at the Optimise website. This will include name, contact details as well as bank payment details so that we can process payments to the affiliate.
- Web site visitor data collected by Optimise via cookies and online identifiers from users of its own website. This is used to carry our analytics on the usage of our website, including visitor numbers
Optimise is the Data Controller for all these types of data and processes the data based on contractual arrangements with Affiliates and Clients, having gained consent or our legitimate interest to provide our products and services.
- Personal data collected from consumers through our Digital Marketing products and services .
How we use the data
In general, business profile information and/or user data is used to deliver services or information to Optimise Clients and Partners.
Information may be used by Optimise for the following purposes:
- To communicate with our Clients and Partners including via email, telephone and post
- To keep our Clients and Partners informed about our products, services and technology
- To make payments to our Clients and Partners as required to fulfil our commercial agreements
- To filter information available at the Optimise website, or optimise its presentation, in order to improve, speed up or streamline the experience of using it
- To provide aggregate information on Optimise Affiliates to Clients and prospective Clients on the size and nature of the Optimise affiliate network
- To carry out direct marketing activities to prospective Clients
Data that has been submitted to us may be combined with other information for the above purposes.
Data that has been collected by Optimise during the course of providing its Digital Advertising services (including Affiliate Marketing, Rewards and other Digital Marketing services) may be used by Optimise for the following purposes:
- To calculate advertising campaign performance metrics for individual affiliate websites, or for particular groups of affiliate websites
- To provide aggregate information to individual clients on the number, behaviour and origin of website users that have been directed to the client’s site from relevant Optimise affiliate sites
- To calculate or estimate volume and/or revenue projections for individual prospective clients, or clients considering a change to their affiliate marketing programmes, based on total audience size and/or usage and aggregate behaviour patterns
- To make (or consider making) improvements to any aspect of the services provided by Optimise, including the improvement of Optimise website functionality
Retention of data
All information and user data relating to our Clients and Partners is retained only for as long as is contractually agreed, required by law or required in order for it to be used for its intended purpose.
Data protection and security
Optimise takes all reasonable measures to ensure that profile information and user data are stored as securely as possible and not lost, misused or altered.
Our infrastructure is hosted in an enterprise-level, highly secure data centre with UPS, fire detection and suppression systems with a sophisticated environment management system. Fortigate Firewalls at all our sites provide site to site VPN tunnels. Strong encryption & DH group, short keylife and the latest VPN technologies (PFS,replay detection) ensure the highest level of security. Access to profile information and user data is restricted to those members of staff who must use it in order to carry out their responsibilities. When clients, affiliates or users have been provided with a password that is intended to protect access to their profile or account information, it is their responsibility to keep that password confidential.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet
Sharing data with third-parties
Optimise will not pass data to any third party for any reason, subject to the following exceptions.
- Optimise may disclose personal information to any law enforcement agency who requests it in connection with the commission of an offence, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful government and/or regulatory requests.
- Optimise may share Client and Partner information such as contact details with third-party suppliers engaged with us to assist in the provision of services to
- In the event of a corporate transaction such as the purchase or sale of a business or assets, Optimise may disclose aggregate performance information relating our Clients and Partners to the purchaser or seller involved.
Both profile information and user data may be transferred between the subsidiary group companies of Optimise Media Group, or between subsidiary companies and the holding company, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 or section 1519 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as applicable.
We use the following cookies:
|A web analytics service provided by Google which sets a cookie to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity.||Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the US and may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or for processing information on Google’s behalf. Google Analytics data is completely anonymous. By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.|
|ASPSESSIONIDCESRBACC||Used for managing your secure login sessions||This cookie creates a unique session ID so that we can securely log you into our website. The cookie is deleted at the end of your session|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Used for managing your secure login sessions||This cookie creates a unique session ID so that we can securely log you into our website. The cookie is deleted at the end of your session|
|AffiliateDashboard15||Saves the preferences for your personalised Reporting Dashboard configuration.||The information tracked within this cookie is anonymous and cannot be tied to any personally identifiable information. Users can control our cookies as detailed below. The cookie will remain on your device for 6 months unless deleted.|
More information about cookies can be found www.aboutcookies.org
You can also control how cookies operate on your device by modifying your browser settings. You will need to ensure that you are running an up to date browser.
- For Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete… and follow the instructions.
- For Firefox click Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Clear your recent history… and follow the instructions.
- For Chrome click Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data… and follow the instructions.
Data subject rights
European and UK laws include data subjects with a number of specific rights including the right to be informed, to access and to object to processing of personal data. You can see the full list of rights under UK laws here. https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
To exercise any of these rights you should contact the relevant Data Controller – usually the business that you have provided your personal data to. If you get in touch with Optimise we will need to verify your identity before we can help. We will assist with all requests but may charge an administration fee, which we would make you aware of in advance.
To get in touch with our UK Data Protection Officer please contact DPOUK@optimisemedia.com
Contact information for other countries can be found on the relevant local websites. See here https://www.optimisemedia.com/about-us/contact-us/.
Data from children
The services that we provide to our Clients and Partner means that we do not knowingly collect personal data from children (under 13). If you have reason to believe that we have please get in touch and we will delete it.
We may revise this policy at any time in order to reflect changes to our services, or to comply with changes to relevant legislation and reserve the right to do so without notice. We advise you to check this page often in order to ensure you are aware of any recent revisions.
Links to third-party websites
The Optimise website contains links to websites owned and operated by third parties. Optimise is not responsible for the content of these websites.
Registration with the Information Commissioner (ICO)
Optimise Media (UK) Ltd is registered with the ICO (registration number Z7016101).
How to complain or ask a question
To get in touch with our Data Protection Officer please contact DPOUK@optimisemedia.com
We will assist with all requests but may charge an administration fee, which we will notify you of in advance
To raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/